Pros and Cons of Anjou Non-Toxic Peel Off Nail Polish
Here’s the deal, friends. I love me a painted nail. I love looking at pretty nails… I love painting my own nails…I love getting my nails done. All of it.
If you have followed me on Instagram for any length of time, you will remember my lament about all the different nail options. Gel polish lifts on me and is making my hands look older from the UV damage. Acrylics straight up ruined my nails, and they are still trying to recover. All the fun nail wraps do not stay on my nails. I don’t know if I have oily nail beds, dry nail beds, acidic nail bed? I’m not a technician. I just know that I have spent a lot of money trying to achieve pretty nails. I’ve been doing my own gel polish, but again, the light and toxins make me cringe. All of the other options I’ve seemed to come across are as toxic as ever. While I am not some “die hard, nothing toxic shall ever touch my body” hippie.. I am a “3/4 of the way, try to make better choices” hippie. I’m all about not committing. 😉
I did some research and found Anjou on Prime. I read through scores of reviews, looked up other polishes, and ultimately decided on this one. I went into this experiment knowing this polish would probably last a day on my nails. But the way I’m looking at it is this… If I can take a few minutes to apply the very best lipstick there is, I can maybe do the same when I want my nails painted? All in the name of less toxins, right?
Let’s dive right in to my thoughts, shall we?
- This has NO SMELL. Nothing. It doesn’t smell like fake chemicals, or glue, or the classic nail polish toxic fume that we are used to. Nada. Love that!
- This applies very evenly. I only did one coat and it was nice and opaque.
- This dries super fast!! Have you ever used any 60 second dry nail polish? This reminds me of that, in consistency and dry time.
- This kit was $10.99 for 11 non toxic nail colors, and 1 top coat. That’s a heck of a good deal!!
- It is really really easy to remove, no chemicals necessary. It basically peels off like you would imagine glue to peel off your nail beds. I am going to see if Lemongrass Essential Oil will remove it too.
- Safe for anyone to use!
- The color options in this kit are really beautiful. Lots of matte, on trend shades, with a few shimmer colors, and a top coat.
- If you get any on your skin, it is easy to just peel right off.
- This would make a good base for any glitter polish. You protect your nail bed from regular nail polish, and then it will peel right off when done.
- Because this dries so fast, you don’t have a lot of time to go over each nail. You need to work quickly.
- I applied a few hours ago, and the tips of my nails are already showing wear. Like I said… I knew this would be a good daily polish, not something that will last a while.
- The price has gone up by about $7 at the time of posting, so make sure to check back and wait until it’s back on Prime.
- I can’t find any other colors from this company. So what’s in the kit is all you get.
- Because of the thin consistency, this will show every flaw in your nail. See below. My nails are still recovering from acrylics and you can see some variations. I’m wearing the shade Pigeon Plumage.. a lovely mauve-y gray.
I am going to experiment more with color combos, 2 coats, adding a top coat, etc. to see if I can get some more wear time. But all in all, the pros outweigh the cons for me.
I wish I would have had access to this when my daughter was little. We won’t talk about the time she found my red nail polish and poured the entire contents over my beige carpet. Nope.. we won’t get into that. One of the reviews did say that if this spills, just wait for it to dry and it will peel right up. I’m not going to be testing on my carpet, but maybe I’ll test somewhere outside to see if that really does work.
Have you tried peel off polish? Let me know if there’s another brand I should try out too!!
Update: two coats is definitely better in terms of color opacity and looking less “thin” on the nail. And the top coat really does help the shine factor.. do note the top coat is the only color that has a slight glue smell.Pin It