Well… I have not had a moment to think over the past month, let alone put a blog post up. Tis the season for winter family portraits after all. I worked later than I had intended to this year as well. Normally I shut the doors for portraits within the first week of December, but not so this year. I will let you know in January if I plan to do that again. 🙂
We haven’t sent a paper Christmas card out in years. With the invention of blogs and facebook, I can digitally send out Christmas blessings to more people than if I were to mail them. And also.. there’s that thing called the neverendinglineofpeopleatthepostoffice. I try to avoid that wonderful thing at all costs.
So, we have had a year. Haven’t you? There are huge things happening in the Tolson house for next year.. things I am excited to start blogging about. But, here are a few things about 2010 that are note worthy…
– Growth and healing on all fronts. Thankful God allows us to do so. Where would we be without Him??
– Man boy playing his first league sport with lots of bruises, and body aches, and a sense of accomplishment for a season well done. Man boy also starting middle school and changing in all those lovely hormonal ways. Love it, hate it, and help me Jesus.
– Little Miss becoming more sassy by the day. Makeup everywhere. Begging to go thrifting for dress up shoes. Learning how to curl her hair. Wanting to be a lady so badly, while Momma wants to keep her little and innocent and without life’s hurt. Love it, hate it and please help me Jesus. 😉
– Getting ourselves a sweet furry fluffy pup, only to find out he goes through hormonal changes quicker than the man-boy. And he becomes quite the crazy energetic thing. Good times.
– Ending one job and starting another. It is amazing what God is doing. It is scary too. And exciting. And more to come on all of that in the new year.
– Our 12 year old vehicle still running, miraculously. Although Hubs is taking it in to the mechanic as we speak. Brakes need to be re-done asap. Merry Christmas Mr. Mechanic. 🙂 The car is part of the fam.. apparently he needs a Christmas present too!
May your home be full of joy.
May your bellies be full of good food.
May your lips be full of praise for what He has done.
May your hearts be full of contentment for the season He has you in right now.
May your children be full of youthful health and energy.
May you be full of the stamina to keep up with them.
May your lips be full of laughter at the wonder of the Christ child, born to bring Hope to the weary world.