Current Family Fave Dinners! Another episode of What the Tolson’s Ate. 🙂
I posted a few meal plans many many months ago when we were doing Whole30-ish meals. I thought it would be fun (always need things to be fun around here!) to post a few of our current favorite meals we’ve been trying. And I am always looking for tried and true ideas from other home cooks, so let me know if you have any we need to try!
- This one is still a family favorite. And it’s literally 3 ingredients. Chicken, veggies, bacon. Done. Make it!!
- We just had this one last night. Pot Roast never fails, guys. Never. My hubs had been gone all week at a conference and I just knew he would want a comfort meal after eating take out all week. I made some mashed sweet potatoes for mine, and I do add loads of carrots to the pot for added nutrition! It’s all savory, melt in your mouth delightfulness. 🙂
- Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks. I follow this recipe loosely. I use garlic olive oil to keep it easier, no mincing required. And I just pour the sauce over the cooked chicken so I don’t have to dirty another bowl. Serve with a big ol’ salad!
- Beef and Broccoli Teriyaki. Guys, there is no recipe. I slice up chuck steak thinly, and sauté it with garlic, salt and pepper. I toss in 2 bags of frozen broccoli and cook until heated through. Pour Trader Joe’s Soyaki sauce over the whole thing and serve over rice. My teens LOVE this, and it takes minutes. (Especially if you use your InstantPot for the rice portion) This is also fantastic with chicken or salmon.
- Steak and Caesar Salad. Again.. there isn’t a recipe because Trader Joe’s makes the BEST Caesar salad kit. Grill up some top sirloin, or rib eye, slice thinly, make the salad, and serve it. I’m ALLLLL about making life a little simpler at the end of the day. Also, fantastic with chicken or salmon.
- Fractured Tacos. This is very much a simple taco salad. But I have a few hacks for you. First, my friend recommended nacho flavored chips, with Catalina dressing, and OHMYGOSH the combo is to die for! I can’t do corn chips, so Siete grain free chips are my crunch of choice. I do also have to thank my MIL Cheryl for her Fritos version, and the name of the meal. If I tell my husband we are having Taco Salad.. meh. If I tell him we are having Fractured Tacos, he’s all in. I guess the name is important. 😉 Also.. this is THE best dinner to take to a new momma, or a sick friend. The only cooking required is taco meat. Everything else is mostly already prepped. Bagged lettuce, pre-shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, Catalina, chips. I bring it over to every new momma and all the hubbies are glad for the Fritos and sour cream. Yes, and amen.
Most of these are gluten free, and lower carb. Don’t get me wrong.. we have sandwich and chips for dinner once a month when I can’t even.. but we all tend to feel better with real food, lower-ish carbs, and gluten free.
What are your family favorites? Go comment on my Facebook post so I can see all of them. 🙂 Happy Cooking, y’all!